- To completely get rid of dandruff treating it once in a while is not enough. The treatment should be continued for a couple of days for best results.
- If you have dry flaky dandruff instead of using a medicated shampoo use a mild shampoo 3-4 times weekly. Use shampoo on your scalp and conditioner on your hair.
- If you have wet itchy dandruff use a anti-fungal shampoo. Initially you may have to use this every alternate day. Once your dandruff subsides use it weekly or once in 2 weeks.
- People who use dye or harsh shampoos regularly tend to have flaky dandruff.
- If you use on oil for dandruff make sure you completely wash it off when you have a bath.